Wednesday 15 February 2012

New Parts - An expensive way to troubleshoot

- Tried a new CDI. ($220) - Nope. Still have intermittent spark. No returns. OUCH!
- Tried a new ignition coil. ($40) - Nope.
- Ordered a new stator/pickup coil. ($100) - Arrived in the mail today. I'm going to try it tonight.

As for total spending on the Big Bear, I'm still below what I would be able to sell it for (running), so I'm not too concerned. Let's just hope not too many other problems show up!

If the new stator/pickup coil doesn't solve the problem, then I guess the only thing left is to rip apart the wiring harness, which I really don't want to do.

In the back of my mind, I'm still a little concerned about the timing being off slightly. But I guess I'll worry about that after we get it running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment